Session April 7, 2000
|Date:||Friday April 7, 2000|
|Time:||7:30pm - 10:00pm|
Jefferson and South West Fwy 59
We had a great toastmaster session last Friday thanks to anh La Minh Tri and La Minh Tan's support to offer a very nice room (with microphone, refreshment, etc.. geeh! we felt that we were really formal this time) at Kim Son Restaurant.
- A. Ha Huu Quang started the meeting as the joke master with a very funny story.
- Then our Word Master a. Nong Duy Dat shared with us a pretty good word to learn "Tri Tu'c" (from Nguyen Cong Tru's famous poem).
- A. Nguyen Ngoc Bao as the table topic master has thrown out four interesting topics to discuss and all members (old and new) have particpated actively which made the session very interesting. The first topic talking about "Get involved with the community and work with cong dong activities a lot versus Focus on delivering programs and activities within VHKH group before getting involved with cong dong".
- The second topic talking about "Would you come back to VN to help rebuild the country now or only after the communist government is over?".
- The third topic talking about "If the Vietnam communist government open a TV program oversea, if you are the government here, would you accept or not approve it?"
- The last topic "Mo^n DDa(ng HO^. Ddo^'i, is it right or wrong?"... The topic discussion was so active that it took much longer than the allocated time.
- Our first prepared speech was delivered by Hoang Nguyen Duc sharing some of his thoughts about our homeland Viet nam and the second speech was delivered by Vo Nam Linh talking about "Te^ Gia'c".
- Trinh Le was the general coordiantor and Elena Thuy evaluated Duc and a. Truong evaluated Nam Linh. Ho Ngoc Tram was the grammarian.
- The Best table topic speaker was then voted: Congratulation to Katherin Tran Thanh.
- Best prepared speaker was Hoang Nguyen Duc and Best Evaluator was Elena Thuy. Congratulation to a job well done.